Tuesday 26 August 2008

Creative Insomnia

I had trouble sleeping last night, (which is very unusual for me - i love sleep) with all the frustrated creativity flying around in my head! I had to get up at 1 am and google millefiori polymer clay (fimo) as I had ideas of making a signature button for my art accessories. Will be trying that as soon as possible but for now I must carry on with the projects I have started.

I was also trying to remember when and how I got into feltmaking and felt accessories. The first feltmaking I did was felting a bar of my handmade natural soap about 2 years ago. As far as the hair slides and greetings cards go I think it was June 2007, when I returned from Ibiza inspired by the crafts & colours I had seen. I will have to search through my photos and re-trace my inspirations!

This is an example of some of the things i have been working on recently, another batch of my work has just gone off with an application for a big craft fair - so fingers crossed.

No comments: